View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder
The lower design is the way to go.
Granted it is the theoretical optimum, how do you put a window in it? I'm leaning more toward something like this:

The full tail casts a *huge* shadow and doesn't take advantage of the pronounced taper in the cabin of the Beetle. So I radically truncate an aeroform that is no higher than the tops of the fenders and go Tropfenwagen style above that.

Here I've added an irregular cone that defines the rear view. It looks like the secondary Lexan screens could be square or have Batman curved front edges. I'm thinking about an H-shaped bracket that the stock bumper and brackets would bolt onto and that would bolt onto the stock body mounting holes. The rear fenders, deck lid and bumper all come off pretty easily. With lightweight construction (e.g., no back bumper), it might weigh less than stock.

slowmover -- Well, having money but no time got me wherever it did...

I think it all comes down to intention. That's the thing that science can't measure. Well, above the quantum level anyway. (How come Creationists never want to talk about the implications of Quantum Theory. Evolution is easier to understand?)

Anyway, crank-fired ignition and EFI is where it's at. The big forums are:
TheSamba.com :: Index
Shoptalkforums.com • Index page