View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
kah
EcoModding Lurker

The Mii - '12 Seat Mii Reference
90 day: 54.83 mpg (US)
Introducing Miiself

Well, knowing for quite some time that we would be needing a car, I did a whole lot of thourough research, both on what car i should buy, and how to mod it for better fuel economy. Having decided on a small turbodiesel hatchback, and spend days on ecomodder and other tech forums planning sneeky and stealthy mods, I am now the proud owner of a naturally aspirated gasoline car... Not quite sure how it happened, you'll have to ask the girlfriend for details

So here it is, A Seat Mii, one of the VAG triplets (so it's basically a VW up!), a nifty little car with nice handling, acceptable performance and good fuel economy (4,1 liters/100km or 57,4 mpg(US)). I haven't really done anything to the car yet, except for alloy wheels and removed the antenna, as I want an idea of how the baseline fuel economy is before I start modding it. Currently we are on our fourth tank, so it is still "breaking-in" and we are still getting to know the car, so fuel economy is still improving. Last full tank was at 4,37l/100km (53,89mpg).

Check out the garage for the Mii Details: The Mii - 2012 Seat Mii Reference Fuel Economy - EcoModder.com

and pictures of the car in my album, if I cant figure out how to post the here. Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com - kah's Album: Seat Mii

Of the mods i'm looking most forward to, is changing the standard battery to a LiFePo4, it should save 12 kg of weight, sitting high in the enginebay, and directly over the front wheels.

Kris