View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
AaronMartinSole
Your car looks ridiculous

The Fantastic Festiva - '90 Ford Festiva L
90 day: 43.16 mpg (US)

A Civic Duty - '96 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.9 mpg (US)

Ranger Danger - '96 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 17.42 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Made me look. I LOL'd
It's been so much fun. I've had so many people drive up to me, laughing like crazy, taking pictures with their iphones. The cardboard spoiler really makes it - it's the perfect finishing touch. I had so many laughs and so much fun over this stupid thing. People are telling me I'm all over "instagram" and social media and stuff like that. I didn't really expect that kind of response. I was more expecting disgust and just people ignoring it. Or something more negative. But most of the feedback has been just laughter. That alone has been worth it. Putting a smile on people's faces, it's been nice. There was one man in a really nice car honking along as he passed by with a thumbs up. There was a really cute girl who smiled at me as I drove away. There was a group of frat boys who pulled up laughing so hard. There was even a cop who was amused by it. Oh, if only they saw the works of art; the masterpieces ecomodders far greater than me have made. What was I, compared to them? But laughter soothes the nerves and uplifts the spirit.

Anywho, I'm glad I made you lol. That really puts a smile on my face. Man oh man. But my car is nothing compared to these works of art: 25 Ridiculously Stupid Car Spoilers | SMOSH . Great laughs.

My favorite are the spoilers on the Ford Festiva, and the just so hilarious tiny cardboard spoiler on the Cavalier. I wish I was that good.

But yeah, I'm about to take all of the cardboard off, every last inch of it. Back to the drawing board and busting out the black spray painted coroplast. It'll still be strange looking, but not as much as cardboard. It's been fun.

There was a girl I once knew. And I would have done anything to make her laugh or to make her smile. We didn't laugh or smile enough. There were too many things, too much sadness. It's interesting, a lot of comedians come from such painful backgrounds, such horrible events. Some resorted to comedy to try to cheer up their family, cheer up their moms, when they've lost mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters. Laughter really is the best medicine. Never underestimate placebo and the power of the human will. Science can't quantify that. Cancer and what have you; never give up. She went through hell, that girl. She really could've used somebody, and some joy and laughter in her life. Maybe I'll design a hilarious scooter or something, heh. I wish I could have done more to lift up her spirit, to put a smile on her face. I regret it.

I just did a 48 mile run, half city, half highway. Ran into some traffic because of road repairs, and I went faster on the highway than I wanted. That was the worst city run. But nonetheless, with the aeromods, I got 41mpg. I bet I could more on a pure highway pulse and glide run.

But for now, the cardboard is coming off. I want to go back to the drawing board, maybe design a full kammback that hinges where I can still have full access to my trunk without drilling holes. That might be some time. I'm really intrigued by trickle charging. We'll see.

Last edited by AaronMartinSole; 11-16-2012 at 12:40 AM..