View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Slow_s10
Super Lurker!

Rusty - '88 Chevrolet S10 base
90 day: 23.72 mpg (US)

Doc - '08 Honda Civic EX-L
90 day: 29.6 mpg (US)
Awesome job man, I have never really cared for fabric tonneau covers but this seems like a legitimate comprimise of light weight and durability. Also I see that your S10 is 4wd have you considerd lowering it a little? Lowering it will help reduce your frontal area and improve the handling.

It's actually crazy easy to do on a 4wd S10, as long as you don't want to go really low. In fact to lower the front up to 2 inches all you have to do is loosen the torsen bar adjustment bolts in the crossmember. If you take them completely out it will give you around "1.75 ~2.5" inches of drop just depending on how high they were set at the factory. This is exactly how I lowered my Bravada and it handles so much better and it also had a positive impact on it's fuel efficency. The best part about this is if you don't like it all you have to do is tighten those bolts back up to return it to the stock height.

Lowering the rear is a little more invloved but it's still not that hard and can easily be done with normal hand tools.