View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Glinzo
EcoModding Lurker

Goede avond Pandaf!

I nearly need no petrol because i force the car to start on LPG immediately. This is possible because i've got an old venturi system installed. The 40.1 MPG run was made completely without using petrol. It was a nonstop drive for 384kms with 22.50 ltr of 60P/40B LPG.

I only use starting petrol early in the morning at 05:30 AM when temperature is under 10°C for the first approximately 300 meters. That's all. After 1600 kms i didn't need 1/8 of a full petrol tank, which is 55ltr. The LPG tank has 44 ltr (net).

You're lucky to have nearly no elevations in your countryside. My 40.1 MPG was driven between 340 and 800 meters above sea level.

Nice Panda I had a Punto last year for two weeks with the same engine. I sold it because i got a too good price for it.

I also have a 2002 EU SAAB 9-5 2.0T and a 1996 CAN SAAB 900 II 2.0T. Both tuned to more than 250 hp. The 9-5 runs on Bioethanol (E85). There's also a 1985 BMW diesel 524tdA (E28) in my hands. But i keep it in a garage. Here in Stuttgart i don't get a permission to run it in the city due to the fine particulates. So it remains parked until i move to Nuremberg next year.

The 9-5 is parked since last week. I'll take the Golf as wintercar Trying to save fuel at the same time. The Golf was chaeper than 4 winter tires for the SAAB.

Pictures are soon to come.

@ mcrews: Thanks for the advice. Tire pressure is set to 2.9bar / 42 psi. Surely it could be more but i don't trust these allweather rubbers. Even with 75hp i've got already problems to hold it on the road in some rainy conditions. Will change to winter tires soon. Ordered today