View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #68 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
'Goose',Bradley,epoxy,papercrete

*In 1972 I came back to the 'World' on R&R.My dad took to see the Queen Mary.The
Spruce Goose' was hangered right next door but we didn't go.I might have seen the 'boat' had we gone.Funny!
I've been told that the Boeing Museum is a 'must-see.'Perhaps,one day I'll make it out that way,'n take both in.I'd also like to take the NASA Ames Research Center tour at Palo Alto,CA.
*I'll have to watch for Harry Bradley.That's a name I'm not familiar with.Thanks for the heads-up!
*Yes,the epoxy must be respected.Since it doesn't 'stink' like polyester,you can be lulled into thinking that's it's not as hazardous.I have some West System's that I've saved for 'nice' projects.But I've never done epoxy wet layups,only refrigerated pre-preg aircraft cloth.We still ventilated thoughout the bagging and post-cure.
And during trim operations we had a centra- vac system for every powertool operation.Some believe that the dust will be the new asbestos.
* Papercrete sounds like fun.My dad was in the lightweight cellular concrete business.He used DuPont's 'Duponol'(sp?) surfactant which was turned into a high-strength foam which,when injected into a sand mix concrete,could get the density down to as little as 7-lbs/cubic-foot.That,and papercrete would certainly make lighter tooling!