View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
couple updates. im sending the pictures to my photobucket and they will be there by the time i get home from work so i can post them after this thread. i tapped threads in the egr holes i drilled and installed bolts with white thread sealer (same stuff used for head bolts, vaccum nipples etc.) further note i looked up the intake runners to the egr ports in each indiviual cylinder and put parts washer throught to make sure they were open all the way. if they were clogged i would have to drill out the remaining egr plugs. i installed the intake manifold, exhaust manifold and converter. also got the power steering pump on. i started replacing all the heater hoses and radiator hoses. i have to do the thermostat as well.

special update is i just picked up a "vx swap kit" im very pleased with my find on craigslist and it was only 15 miles away. body is beat and thrown together. but its a 94 vx everything is stock and everything is there. i drove it home. still has the a/c condensor plastic block off, partial grill block, and factory d15z1 from the air box to the cat converter. even the wheels are the factory 13's and in decent shape. all for $450!!
im thinking of swapping it into a 92-95 coupe or an earlier crx next. any suggestions? pictures coming later tonight