View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crono
EcoModding Lurker

Pizza Geo - '92 Geo Metro
Last 3: 47.52 mpg (US)

Blazing Glory - '07 Yamaha C3
90 day: 108.96 mpg (US)

The Beast - '86 Pontiac Subird
90 day: 15.6 mpg (US)

Mom's Firefly - '92 Pontiac Firefly
90 day: 35.65 mpg (US)

Noris - '08 Toyota Yaris
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Mirage - '15 Mitsubishi Mirage
90 day: 48.11 mpg (US)

Japan - '08 Suzuki Alto
90 day: 45.88 mpg (US)
Just wanted to follow up on the transmission replacement even though it was some time ago. The transmission was replaced on May 27th, 2012 and you can see the fuel log for my Geo here. At first, it looks is worse, but I think that it may have been because, as I recall, I had a bit of trouble adopting a new driving style to suit the new transmission. However, after a month or so, I started getting a bit better numbers.

Overall, as suggested, with my mostly in-town driving habits, my gains have been pretty small, if any...still seems a little better compared to last summer, though there are always a number of possible reasons behind that.

As you can also see, since September-ish, my mileage has gone down a fair bit, but that's pretty typical with the lower temperatures and much heavier rain Victoria sees in the winter. You may also notice that there's a tank I got recently that was pretty high which was all highway driving, more around 60mpg imperial, rather than the 52ish I've been hanging around. Now, what I really want to see is how my mileage will be on the highway during summer! Previously, with the short duration cam but stock transmission I noticed that my highway mileage, going around a typical 110km/hr on the mainland, I would get very similar to in-town mileage, but from these numbers it's looking like with the new transmission I'm doing about 15-20% better, so that's pretty cool if it holds true. (I should also add that the weather was pretty terrible on that highway drive and I had a full load with 4 passengers plus luggage)