Thread: GEET Reactor
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #82 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

You have a very simplistic viewpoint of combustion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The kubota engines run at about 14% thermal efficiency at 2kw load.
The problem is nothing is going to make them much more efficient when spinning at 1800RPM at 1/3 load.
It doesn't matter how many GEET reactors or HHO generators you bolt on to it, they will do nothing to get around the pumping losses.
A turbocharger would be the best thing for them.

Seems to have given me a +2mpg boost just driving around town.

Its not unicorn material at all.
I have priced it and its out of my price range, if the units I saw are even for sale yet.
I have given you principles that show how the GEET could work and on another thread, how the minute addition of hydrogen could work. These are not unicorn principles. And we have not even discussed the reshaping of combustion heat release.

I have given you examples of energy capture in the form of turbocharging and thermo-electric generation as a preamble to the use of waste heat in producing extra fuel value. I gave a logical set of stepping stones to fuel processing as a viable technology such as the others. You ramble in your argument. IF the two technologies are viable, how about the third? Is fuel processing a unicorn folly? I have shown how it is not in principle. Now, why don't you discuss via natural principles how your viewpoint of it as a unicorn technology is so.

I have seen Kubota diesels exceed 30% peak thermal efficiency. 14% seems like a misprint on your part. The pumping losses of diesels is minimal due to the lack of throttling. With turbocharging, some Kubota models exceed 40% peak thermal efficiency.