Thread: GEET Reactor
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #88 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post

Do you agree or disagree that using waste heat to power a chemical reaction to increase the energy content of the fuel input stream is a possibility?
OK, Show what the energy content of gasoline is and show what the theoretical energy content of gasoline’s constituents is arranged however you like.

Then show the chemical reactions that take place to create the constituents, specifically what temperatures, pressures, flow rates, and catalyst surface areas are required within a GEET reactor to make the "Syn-Gas". I’m particularly curious about the source of the “Waste Heat” you speak of that increases the energy content of the gasoline and/or its constituent parts.

Show how these constituents AKA "Syn-Gas" can be introduced to an ordinary car engine with yet more air, detailing their temperatures and ratios, and explain how this would create a more efficient consumption of the fuel outside the 98-99% combustion that already exists.

We can then discuss that.

Once you give me the details, I'll run them by my Uncle who was a petroleum engineer working for Sun Oil in Toledo for 27 years and is known in the industry as an expert on trouble shooting fluid catalytic crackers to see if what you say makes sense to him.

I look forward to your reply.