Thread: Oregon commuter
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #86 (permalink)
Electictracer
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to Electictracer
Alright, after months of not getting anything done on this project I’ve re-committed myself and will be making significant gains shortly.
I’ve been somewhat intimidated by the number of little parts that need to be finished to move forward. My solution to this is to try and get at least one small thing done every day. If I can do that, I’ll have this this going in no time! Maybe….

So here is how the project sits now. I needed to get some of the interior finished so that I could run the electrical, control cables, and heating hoses. The armrest on the left side of the seat is a chase to run these systems from the front to the rear.
I’m entering the sheet metal phase of the project, which will be a good opportunity to learn a new skill. Because of my lack of experience, I’m starting with the easiest tasks first. The gas tank is about 4 gallons and will be positioned over the rear tire between the frame members for protection. I still need to attach the fittings and solder it together.

My next series of tasks will be to fabricate the interior aluminum sheeting in the front wheel well and engine compartment. Right now I’m waiting on some zinc-chromate self-etching primer for these areas. Hopefully after that I will be up to the challenge of the exterior sheeting. I will be using counter-sunk rivets on the outside, making it even more difficult. Between working on these larger tasks, at times when I have less time, I intend to work on the wiring, cabling, and plumbing. Hopefully this new plan will help move the project forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Electictracer For This Useful Post:
Ken Fry (11-28-2012)