View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
baldlobo
EcoModding Apprentice

clank - '99 jeep tj sport
90 day: 17.32 mpg (US)
air defined

Quote:
Dry air contains roughly (by volume) 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases
love to know where the hydrogen is?

sri is a version of a "cold air" intake; and is what is most commonly refered to as a cold air intake; when in actuallity it sucks in ambient engine compartment air like the factory one.

Quote:
Wrong: camshaft profile controls how far the valve opens and closes, same thing as lift, not duration. It only hits the lobe once, for it to stay on the lobe the camshaft must be advance or retard which is what camshaft phasing is.
i could be "wrong" here but i and everyone else defines "profile" as the curve that extends outward from the base circle, but in order to do that it controls more then just lift.
it also controls when it opens and closes which is duration.

where as cam phasing it the changing of when it happens in a 360 degrees of turn of the camshaft. case in point my previous example.

besides if "a follower" were to hit a cam it would bounce, not ride on it

ps. you already knew that yet you said it was cam-less; quite to the conterairy it has a cam it changes valve lift, not the "profile" as you like to call it

pss. we can continue this if you like; i think you don't know your definitions.