View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Blue07CivicEX
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
Haha, I definitely appreciate your honesty and it's exactly what I'm looking for, I am just dreaming up ideas and looking for advice on whether it is useable or not. I am not looking for speed, 45mph would be fine, if that's not possible with a 48v upgrading to a 72 is not a problem again this is all in the dreaming stage no purchases have been made. I would rather plan plan plan and have it work when I do start then to start and try to piece together stuff that won't work and let the project fall apart.

That being said I appreciate the advice, I would be looking to move a small car (probably just a drivers seat and gut everything else) I would like to have 60 miles range (30 miles to work, 30 miles back) even gaining 8-10 miles during the day of solar charging (8 -14 watt solar panels is do-able but they wouldn't be a full 14w all the time). Solar may or may not be feasible I haven't done enough research but it would be nice. What is your opinion on carrying a small "generator" with a gallon or so of gas for emergency charging?

I welcome input you don't have to apologize if it's negative lol, I'd rather be realistic and plan correctly then to be dreaming and have it flop.
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.