View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
wmjinman
Master EcoModder

Jimmy - '00 GMC Jimmy SLT
90 day: 21.18 mpg (US)

The White Gnat - '99 Suzuki Swift
Team Suzuki
90 day: 51.87 mpg (US)
Well, I got to feeling bad about some of the stuff I said, so went back and re-read most of what you said and what I said. Yeah, OK, maybe I'm a jerk. So, I apologize for that. I'm impressed by the way Old Mechanic can get his points across respectfully, clearly, and concisely. So I'm going to attempt to be more like that.

First, let me address the "busy boy" comment... The word "boy" was NOT mean disrespectfully - just a figure of speech. - probably should have just said "busy". It was not suggesting age, since I obviously didn't know your age. "Almost 50" is good though - in 5 years, you'll be almost as old as I am now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattroddrebel View Post
Hey I dont see why i am getting so much flack from you. You piss on everything I say,

Well, that's part of it. Absolutes (like EVERYTHING I SAY) are almost always inaccurate. I didn't disagree with the fuel additive being an engine/injector cleaner, the idea of lots of little things vs. a big "gee whiz' thing, nor the statement that newer oils have less zinc - just the absolute that they "won't work" in todays cars.

how about this, I will make suggestions that contribute to the benefit of everyone here, could you do that?

Suggestions are great - questions are even better. But no, I couldn't do that - not contribute to EVERYONE here - That's another absolute. I'm sure there's someone here I can't contribute to.

Negating every idea i say clearly defines the fact that i need to "dumb up' some of this technical advice I give. When we explain things to each other you demonstrate how "you have heard it all".

Really? That's not the type of thing I would say. For one thing, it's another absolute - how could I have possibly "heard it all"?

My education dictates the ability to "trump" most individuals that I encounter. my reason for this is to gain personal knowledge for myself.

Hmmm, a lot of my posts are questions. I figure I can gain a lot more "personal knowledge" for myself that way than "trump"ing people.

I do not do that to hurt anyone, but merely to help. Forget about the Amsoil claims, if all you wanted me to do was to retract any statement I made, then fine.

But...... Gee, don't you get it? The Amsoil claim is what I'm interested in! (concerning what you've posted). I don't want you to retract it (unless you know it's untrue). I just want to see if it works - rather than just reading/hearing about the "documentation" from those selling it. What else would they say? Of course they're gonna say it works!!!

You can just stay in your world believing what you want to believe,

Don't we all believe what we want to believe?

fine with me, go drink some more beer, and keep the redneck mentality.

It's things like this that cost you credibility. "Drink some more beer" sounds so strange to a Mormon who doesn't drink. When you say something I know for a fact is incorrect - especially while bragging about how smart and knowledgable you are, it makes it really hard to trust your information

The other members and I will try to contribiute something to benefit each other instead of bashing everything. i have no patience in listening to some blow hard that has no scientific background other than how much he saves going to Wal mart.

No scientific background? Like 10 years an ASE certified mechanic, maybe? Wow, you really have no clue. I've actually been called a world authority with several published technical articles on something that many would probably consider scientific, but I digress......

i never should have started battling you

Well, I guess my wanting to actually test your stuff to either prove or disprove it is pretty unreasonable...

i am CLEARLY out of my league and have to take 20 years off of my life to compare to your intelligence.

I wouldn't know. I have no idea how our intelligences compare, but your way of writing does not do a very good job of convincing me.

So be a jerk all you you want, crap on everything I say and go play the lottery.

I have been a jerk. Again, I apologize. I don't crap on EVERYTHING you say, and the lottery is a hidden tax for the mathematically challenged.

I will go get struck by lightning because the odds are 1000 times better. Good luck with your evolution.
Uh - and good luck with your lightening strike, I guess....