View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #65 (permalink)
wmjinman
Master EcoModder

Jimmy - '00 GMC Jimmy SLT
90 day: 21.18 mpg (US)

The White Gnat - '99 Suzuki Swift
Team Suzuki
90 day: 51.87 mpg (US)
Thanks WesternStarSCR,

I'm really starting to wonder if this test will just be a huge waste of time, gas & money. But I guess I'm committed to it, now. I was doing some "on-line research" (gotta brush-up my "scientific background" and all), and along with Old Mechanic and others, wondering if the occasional water spray is enough. In fact, some of the stuff I read was saying that along with the unwelcome loss in power per gallon (translating to lower MPG) of the ethenol blends, a BENEFIT of it is it cleans the engine internals really good - making any other steps redundant.

And after reading Wungun's story about finding a 200,000 mile engine to be internally clean, I remember when I blew up my first & second Buick 455 engines in my '71 Riviera. And now that I think about it, I'm not remembering any excessive build-up of any kind of "junk" in there, either. Come to think of it, when we replaced the heads on my '73 Riviera, there wasn't excessive junk in there, either.

Well, anyway, I'll soldier-on with the test. Actually, that kind of driving might really raise my lifetime MPG averages!! Whoa - and if the Amsoil works.....

Wungun, one question: Why no Seafoam in your engine? Maybe I shouldn't do it any more, but why? Just a waste, or does it do harm?