View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I lowered my first vx and didn't see any improvement in mileage the lowering suspension did however cause a rougher ride and seemed to wear out other parts of my suspension causing me to replace the spend about $600 putting it back to stock height, LRR tires do help, 45 to 50psi in the tires helps too, my next plan is light weight smooth wheels like the first generation Honda Insight used, there are a bunch of low rolling resistance tires in 14" sizes that would fit at that point where there are very few 13" options.
Other things that work:
Changing your transmission fluid (it takes motor oil or Honda MTF, NOT GL5 GEAR OIL, unless you like replacing transmissions!) I tend to use 0w30 synthetic motor oil in both the transmission and engine, it makes the transmission shift super smoothly and helps the engine with cold starting.
NGK v-power spark plugs are OEM and $10 for a set, they also work great, much better then expensive spark plugs, I have sets of 4 different brands of "high end" spark plugs that made my VX run poorly, the worst were the Bosch +4 and the Pulstar pulse plugs.

Last edited by Ryland; 12-03-2012 at 01:47 PM..