View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #112 (permalink)
AndrzejM
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
I like your project, and I was thinking of building something similar. But I was planning to use lathes (I don't know the exact name for that) that you may use to mask gaps between two different floorings (see the pic). Those can be used easily with the rotating shaft, just glued to the spouting (again the naming ) at the bottom side. Made from aluminium are very light and strong so it can be used even for external grill blocking. These are comming in various sizes and colors, and it can be easily repainted to any color needed as well. Drawaback of this solution is that you have to use more of them to cover larger area, since these are mor narrow than your blinds fabricated of coroplast. But they will stick closer to the body so maybe it's not a drawaback at all. Depends on what type of grill shutter you are planning to build, internal or external. I was thinking of building that to block lower grill in Berta, in opened position it looks almost like a factory grill, in closed position is smooth enough to give good aero shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	listwa.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	11991  

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrzejM For This Useful Post:
WesternStarSCR (12-04-2012)