View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
ttoyoda
Master EcoModder

Quote:
The problem is that we are too tolerant of stupid people.
We keep trying to think of away of making stupid people less harmful to ourselves and others but all it does is take Darwin out of the equation and we have more stupid people.
I would tend to call them uneducated or ignorant, rather than stupid. I believe most all people have a capacity to learn far more than they know now (except for me, who will never be able to spell english ). The most vocal and persistent members of our society have glorified ignorance and made fun of learning. Then they have made a policy of sueing Darwin.

I saw a clever cartoon rap music video on youtube a while back. A piece of Art, really, and I think the guys who made it are brilliant. The video is pretty tame (by rap standards), no talk of killing cops or cap'n ho's. It uses vulgar language to state these (and other) positive messages:

Read a Book.
Brush your teeth.
Wear deoderant.
Take care of your kids.
Buy some land.

The clever part is how these positive messages are packaged in a crude and rude rap video, so that they might be absorbed by people who might need them most.

Now here is the crazy part: The creators of this video were castigated by their peers for the language content of the video. The positive content was dismissed as irrelevant.

I will not link it from here, it is not safe for work or home or really anywhere. Close your windows and put on your headphones. You can find it at youtube.com by searching for

DMite Read a Book