View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
I work 6 and then am off 2. But Day One is mainly recuperate from the rigors of oilfield trucking. So, Day Two I'm about down to 3-4 hours of doing what I want after all else is done. Was brain-fried this time, but got some other work done on the truck. Am really looking forward to "knowing" what numbers the truck is generating to develop the intuitive sense more highly to drive more prudently.

The screen is easily readable (polarized sunglasses or not; bright glaring sun or not), the display is an easy size to live with and it looks as though the options available make it cheap to actually buy for what it can do. Much easier to read codes, for example, than the OEM method of key-on/off, etc.

I'm pleased at the very beginning and would recommend it based on what the site says about it (and comments here and on other vehicle forums).

I will have to find another way to mount it. I spent for the nice mount (recommended), but the year-round use of a sunvisor and 9-mos of heat here will fry it if I leave it above the dash constantly. Blocking an HVAC vent ain't happenin', so I look forward to see what others do.