View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
RealZ28
EcoModding Lurker

Dark Avenue - '99 Buick Park Avenue ULTRA
90 day: 20.04 mpg (US)

Purple Paycheck Eater - '95 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Convertible

Harley - '08 Harley Davidson Dyna Lowrider 105th Anniversary

Geezer - '01 Suzuki GZ250

"The Puch" - '76 Puch MAXI

All Terrain - '14 GMC Sierra All Terrain SLT

Gone Green - '15 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT 2.4L AWD
90 day: 20.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Filled them in on your MPG project truck? It would be fun to start a friendly competition for MPG bragging rights.
Sure did. Most just smile and nod...LOL. My neighbor directly across the street from me (70 Monte Carlo & 2001? Buick Regal supercharged) thinks it's cool. He's a younger guy and also wields a laptop tuner for his and his friends vehicles...mostly for performance but he's really OCD about getting everything running perfect. Of all the car people on our corner he's probably the most understanding of being efficient. He's looking into seeing if he can get a file for my little S10 so we can hook it up and check everything out.

My current issues are;
Check Engine light has recently come on due to (I forget the code but it's the downstream O2 sensor) catalytic efficiency. So, either the previous owner's crappy welds are showing or I have an O2 sensor going bad. The light has come and gone on it's own after I cleared it the first time.

Gauges are all off. I suspect the previous owner had one of those gauge overlays and just stuck the gauge needles back on relatively close. I have been able to set Speed by GPS, Fuel by simply filling the tank and Voltage by voltmeter. If my neighbor can hook up his laptop I'll be able to set Temp, Oil Pressure and Tachometer correctly.