View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
ncc74656m
Zerg Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
I REALLY wanted to put a 1.4L turbo diesel in a Tercel/Paseo (heck, I still do). They have them everywhere but in the US. It would have gotten me up into the 60-70 mpg range I believe pretty easily. The main thing that stopped me was that if I was going to build a car for fuel economy I was going to plan on keeping it for quite a while. Well, things get old and break and I really didn't love the idea of waiting weeks for parts and paying shipping up the wazoo to get them here. That is ultimately what stopped me from what would have been a really fun project car.
Thanks Tim. I miss my Terc, and the glory days of TO. Haven't been there in years, wonder how things are. Truth told though, you were right about things breaking with age and such, and I really needed a whole new Terc body if I wanted to have it around for a while.

The nice thing about the Subaru like I said is the utility factor, and if you have an engine that's getting you 50MPG to top it off, well, how can you go wrong, right?

I mean, I could use a winter beater regardless, and cutting down on the mileage as well as being able to take the Corolla out of service temporarily for repair/mods would be nice. If I could manage to swing getting this car, plus even a generic replacement engine, nevermind the diesel, I'd have a great car with great utility that could kick winter's ass while being cheaper than a used Kia, lol.