View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
Well I'm 300 miles into the first tank and things are looking good. I'm at about 60 percent highway 40 percent city. Only troubles I've had so far are the stumbling o2 sensor and I was getting a tps code #7. I was anticipating this because that throttle body threw the code in the teal car. I put a new sensor on it and adjusted base idle then timing and finally the tps voltage to .49 v at idle. I set the idle to 750 which is 100 more than what the z1 factory spec calls for but with the a/c and power steering i figured it would compensate. Even with these problems I'm estimating about 46-48mpg on this tank.

P.s. I love Honda!! Why they didn't make the z1 available in every model is beyond me. Only certain situations is the extra weight noticeable and this thing coasts fantastically. Plus the sound deadening makes it so much less noisy you can barely hear the engine running because it's such low rpms. With aero mods, instrumentation, a new 02, and better driving techniques this could be a heavy hitter. 50+mpg easily in the summer. Mpg figures to come tomorrow

Last edited by slownugly; 12-06-2012 at 11:52 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to slownugly For This Useful Post:
2000neon (12-07-2012)