View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chopper
EcoModding Lurker

Citybug - '10 Peugeot 107 Urban Lite
Most interesting. Under the bodywork the Aygo is nigh on identical to my 107, some food for thought there.

I'm also preparing for a grille block. I've a permanent partial one planned leaving a gap for radiator airflow, and a removable one to block the rad for cold weather running.

I'm also planning some work on the underside filling the gap between the bottom of the front bumper and the engine, breaking up the airflow forward of the rear wheels, and some underside modelling to stop the rear bumper being a giant air brake. The rear bumper is very bad and I'm surprised the manufacturers aero modelling didn't highlight that during development.

Then a vacuum gauge of some kind of OBD device so my iPhone can shown manifold vacuum.

No kamm tails or wholesale bodywork mods because its only 2 years old, but certainly any small incremental improvements will get looked at.

A block heater would be nice but can wait because they're expensive. Perhaps one of those devices to cut the alternator out when accelerating, if I can find one.

Where do you guys stand on engine air intake - cold or warm?

Last edited by Chopper; 12-07-2012 at 05:04 PM..