View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #78 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterInnovation View Post
Why would you use a frame without a title? Isn't that going to make registration a pain?
I used a motorcycle frame without a title because it was $100 and I wanted to build a working prototype, I've been buying, riding and repairing motorcycles sense I was 17 and motorcycles without titles are common, they also have nearly no value other then in parts, this one that I bought had an engine that did not turn over, looked rough and had been on fire at some point, in short no one was going to buy it and use it! if I ripped it apart and found out that my idea was flawed and that I was left with a pile of parts in front of me I would have been out $100 and some time, if I had done that to a bike with a title I would have felt obligated to put it all back together and make it run, I was also getting frigidity and wanted to get started on the project so I bought the first $100 Honda CX500 I could find.

The 2nd motorcycle I bought to convert to electric was $250, it does have a title, it also took a few months of searching to find.

Last edited by Ryland; 12-07-2012 at 11:54 PM..