View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
mattW
EcoModding Lurker

Piaggio Fly 150 - '10 Piaggio Fly 150
90 day: 64.8 mpg (US)
I've decided to use this as a build thread for my electric motorcycle, to keep everyone up to date and save the more polished stuff for the blog (as more of a how to). It will be primarily on DIY but I'll copy the posts to here too.So here are the first shots of picking up my GSXR 400, very exciting.

Andrew, who built this electric GPX-250, came with me to pick up the bike with his ute. Here's us unloading it.

The right hand side frame rail gets removed to take the engine out, you can see the juice bottle full of (yellow/brown?) coolant in the background as well as the beautifully light aluminium frame in all its glory. Removing the engine took a couple of hours of removing bolts, wiggling, unplugging and getting hands dirty. I downloaded the shop manual for the bike but Andrew seemed to know what he was doing so I just followed his lead:

The engine, sitting in the back of Andrew's ute, it wasn't in the best condition but I think he has plans for it either on a jet boat or a small race car/ go cart. This is a man with many projects.

And Voila, one engine-less motorbike (note wiring harness is in tact for the headlights etc):

Last edited by mattW; 06-13-2008 at 09:21 AM..