View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Stacygifford
Eco Storm Chaser

Nemo - '87 Ford Mustang GT
90 day: 27.26 mpg (US)

K-sight - '02 Honda Insight
90 day: 39.24 mpg (US)
The first picture is the car after I painted it. (the red wheels were on it when I bought it)
The second is my current plexiglass grill block (I plan on adding a hole ~1 3/4"x 8" in it, it overheats when in town driving if over 70-75 degrees)

I had the red aluminum wheels covered with steel pizza pans from walmart as an arrow Hub cap but now that i am running the steel 14" wheels i have to come up with another way to mount them. (I am running the steel wheels because i needed tires, and the 14's already had brand new good year's on them.)

Right now, I feel kind of stuck. I want to retain daily, "normal" drivability and squeeze ever bit of mileage out of it as potable. Before feb, 2013 I will have, mounted the hub caps on the front wheels, installed a type r lower air deflector, rear fender skirts, msd a6 ignition with 8mm wires (already have), and make a lower air dam,and side skirts out of a 3" rubber lip (taken from the back edge of a cab from an 18 wheeler) I'm using rubber so that it will not hurt anything if it drags on occasion.

I am looking for any advice at this point.

below is are a few pictures of my front tire spats with the new wheels and rear air tire deflector.

Last edited by Stacygifford; 12-09-2012 at 01:57 AM..