View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
kennybobby
Southern Squidbillie

You have a short circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ro View Post
i Drained the caps and measured the resistances:

B+ to Heat sink is 6ohms and seemed to be slowly falling the longer I held the multimeter there but may have been more of a hover.
The battery + is shorted to the heat sink, maybe a buss bar on the capacitor bank, etc. Your vehicle is floating at B+ due to some short circuit to vehicle chassis on the high side. Post a schematic of your wiring and the controller, otherwise there is not much else anyone can do to help--you're going to have to ring it out.

In the meantime i went to the wiki page to look at schematics for the open revolt. The only set i could download was for the 500A rev 2B, all the rest were locked up in some sort of online file saver (useless POS). Anyway the Mosfet section looks totally flaky--i've never seen a totem pole or H-bridge motor driver circuit more off base and fubar. What's the point of the dc link capacitors when you're not switching the buss but the low side? What's the point of the 10 diodes when they are not protecting the FETs? Plus putting a reverse diode on the the battery ground terminal of the dc/dc converter? Where are you guys getting this crap?

Last edited by kennybobby; 12-09-2012 at 11:34 PM..