View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gealii
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varn View Post
My ford windstar has a similar problem with the UltraGauge. If you go out to the car and open a door for more than a few minutes without starting it, then come back in the next two days or more, the battery will drained with the UG installed. Without the UG installed it doesn't seem affected.

Obviously the UG doesn't draw enough power on it's own to drain a large car battery. I think the problems is tied into a circuit in the interior lighting system to auto turn off the interior lights after 7 minutes. I know that I have fooled it with a trailer hooked up. You turn out the lights to park the car with the trailer attached and after 7 minutes the car lights come back on. In all other respects the trailer lights work perfectly. I am pretty sure that the Ultra Gauge does something similar.
whats happening is when the ultragauge is plugged in it is fooling the car to think the systems are still running which drains the battery. By itself it would take a long time to drain the battery, but if it keeps the cars on then the battery will drain much faster. I currently have this problem which is why i unplug the UG if i leave my car off for longer than overnight. On Thursday im sending my UG in for the newest update to hope the new power off options fix the problem

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford