View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Slopfrog
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post
What kind of tires do you have currently?
Thanks everyone.

They're Firestone affinity touring. 205/50R16s. And unfortunately they are new. Again, the sidewall is very much compressed even with them inflated to the maximum of 44 psig. I guess that's why they ride so nice... I've just ever seen a tire this way. I thought my gauge was broken,but I cross checked it.

I got an alignment on the car during the tank I got 25 mpg, and it was pretty bad. Which really means the increase I've seen with hypermiling driving style is even less! How many of my 5.6 mpg increase could be attributed to fixing the alignment? Hard to say, but definitely it's significant.

I'll have to get a gauge so I can find the optimum acceleration speed I suppose. There is the distinct possibility that I am spending too much time accelerating through 2nd and 3rd and their inefficiencies. I know the scangauge is popular, but the ultra gauge certainly is a more aesthetically pleasing product and at a lower price. That being said, there's gotta be something about the scangauge that makes it appealing to so many.

As for red lights, I sit in neutral. If the light is going to be awhile I shut the engine off.

I don't think brakes are hanging because I can coast quite easily on very slight inclines and the car is relatively easy to push.

Air filter is clean, not sure about plugs and wires. The engine runs great but there is 85k on the plugs.

Last edited by Slopfrog; 12-10-2012 at 06:01 PM..