View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
bschloop
Master EcoModder

sr185 bullet - '81 Yamaha SR185 streamliner
Team Streamliner
90 day: 96.35 mpg (US)

Sunny Colarado - '06 Chevrolet Colarado WT
90 day: 24.18 mpg (US)

cbr250s - '12 Honda cbr250
90 day: 115.29 mpg (US)
The left side plug is coming along nicely. I generally glue on a layer of foam, leave it overnight to set up then sand the profile on that layer, and repeat. I should be ready for layup soon, but holidays tend to get in the way. family takes up a lot of time, but they gotta come first.

I figgured I should try to put together a list of things that need to get done before the snow melts, and I want to be on the road again.

must have(minimum requirements)
Cooling system working
fairing mounts built
seat back bulkhead, and rear wheel surround finished.
headlight, and taillights mounted
at least one external mirror(got pulled over for that one last year)
turn signals, since I won't be able to do hand signals.
Engine tune up

Want(optional)
nimh battery
forward controls
roll cage integrated into seatback.
rear wheel discs
stiffer rear suspension
new seat/lower seat
stretched swingarm

For the seatback bulkhead, I like 3-wheeler's fiberglass over foam type construction. it will be a very small amount of epoxy, which I already have left over from another project. I will probably integrate the tail mounts into this. Would a loop of 1 inch steel square tube make a decent roll cage if braced properly? the cover for the rear wheel could be similar, or it might be csm like the main shell. I want the access for the trunk to be through a lid rather than the seatback. the headlights, taillights, and turnsignals will be all led, as long as the headlights are bright enough. I found a pair of led driving lamps that I want to try. I also want to relocate the battery into the front of the nose. this should help increase stability at speed. I have been hoarding nimh cells thinking I would do an e-bike at some point. I might try to scab some together for a starting battery. I think I remember reading somewhere that they don't mind cold as much as lead. is this true?

I can see the first list getting done fairly easily. as for the second, much of it will have to wait.