View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
bondvagabond
EcoModding Apprentice

vandle - '93 Ford E-350 Xlt
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
You just want to get the gasses out as quickly as possible with minimum back pressure. Theres no valve overlap or scavenging to worry about. The prechamber traps enough heat to keep combustion going for the next cycle.
I had heard that there was no limit to exhaust size for efficiency with diesel like there is with gas, but I heard it from a diesel drag racer, so took it with a grain of salt. Now that it is corroborated by an FE enthusiast like myself I feel more solid about it.

Well guys and galls, the ecomodder who is swapping me the diesel for my electric truck is dropping it off at 11pm tonight (they work nights) so Santa is coming early this year!

In unrelated news, I pulled off a trade today, the wife wanted a recumbent trike (pedal powered) and I was able to swap a full suspension mountain bike and some woodworking tools for one! Better yet it is a cargo trike with a 500lb load capacity! I am on someones nice list.

Mad max would have driven a metro