View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #490 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

Understanding HHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectnumber961 View Post
Having built and tested (more or less) my own hydrogen generator design I do think there can be some mpg gains. But to see consistent gains you need high efficiency and this takes a good bit of serious engineering to accomplish. Plus in colder areas there is the freezing issue.

On a cost/return basis there is a big hill to climb.
Cost/return is true for ANY of the mods performed on this enthusiast site. The problem is the lack of returns. Or more specifically, consistent, verifiable returns. The problem is not producing the HHO in small quantities efficiently, the problem is understanding how to use the relatively miniscule amount of HHO effectively.

Quote:
People who do a blanket dismissal should be ignored?

I've been away from the whole hydrogen issue for a good while.

Here is an available design...

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Smack.pdf

* note he no longer makes these due to issues around potential hex chrome poisoning from the ss plates.

SEARCH "smack booster" for lots of info

TRY the test below with propane or welding gas????
I will not remark on Smack. A simple Google search will be a revelation.

The same with chromium poisoning. Scare tactics to sell products.

The bottom line is HOW a relatively small amount of HHO ( a fraction of the volume needed to reach the Lower Flammability Limit ) effects combustion. Once this is understood, the rest is straight forward engineering.

I fooled with propane augmentation of gasoline engines back in the 70's and it does show a principle that is related more with vapor carburetors and fuel processors than with HHO augmentation.