View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
3dplane
EcoModding Apprentice

14 Mirage - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 68.74 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
The hid bulbs fit into the stock fixtures, and the kit came with a way to connect into the existing connectors and the battery, with an inline fuse to protect the bulbs. The work well, I think, though I messed up part of the install and subsequently have not gotten the aiming I wanted. A more experienced hand would have had better results, but I live and learn.
I think I know where mcrews is heading with his question... and I have to agree!

The factory headlamp was designed to throw light in the correct directions and angles with minimal light spilling based on the EXACT location of the light source in the fixture,which is the filament in the bulb that it was designed with.

If we change this location within the fixture,(different bulb or incorrectly installed bulb)the mirrors behind the bulb will throw the light in all kinds of directions except where it needs to go.

I am talking about low beam that needs to concentrate the available light down onto the road ahead and not spill much light above a certain line that would blind oncoming traffic.

If this replacement kit HID bulb has it's light source in a different location from the original bulbs filament (highly likely) then the light will be more like the pattern of a high beam instead of a low beam.

This might answer the aiming problem you seem to have.

Where a fatory projector lamp as it was designed will throw a beautiful low beam light with a distinct separation of light and darkness separated by a horizontal line that is most visible when shined on a wall. Still has to be aimed correctly though!

Not trying to bust your chops just saying if this is the case then that would be the reason for it!

And by the way yes those LED replacement bulbs are suposed to work like they are without having to add resistors. (although as turn signal bulbs,I'm not sure)

Thx!