View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #515 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

I work within the box of science you work in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
There have been no documented "benefits", just claims claims claims. Seems like every new kid to come along thinks they know more than all previous experimenters, but the explanations and arguments are all the same. It's all subject to first law of thermodynamics, so there is no practical use for these devices. They are just curiosities and distractions, they have been for 100 years, and undoubtedly will continue until we don't operate combustion engines.
And in the box, I find pathways that allow for the beneficial application of HHO to internal combustion engines ( ICE's). You throw out thermodynamics as the only applicable bit of science. And you wield it like a sledge hammer.

Gus's experiments you may call phooey, but they do bring up a point. If HHO applied to an old poorly maintained diesel ( as pointed out as a possibility by Old Mech) results in a smoke reduction, then something is happening in the combustion process from the addition of HHO in quantities that seem inconsequential. I will be interested to see how his particulate readings turn out once he takes it in for an emissions check. I will not be surprised if there is a reduction.