View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #519 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
And in the box, I find pathways that allow for the beneficial application of HHO to internal combustion engines ( ICE's). You throw out thermodynamics as the only applicable bit of science. And you wield it like a sledge hammer.
Really? I must have missed the report you posted. I will go back and look if it's here. Seriously. But if you disagree that combustion science needs to follow thermodynamics, don't bother. It is a sledge hammer, I am glad you recognize that, because it is why these phony little "HHO" experiments will NEVER improve fuel mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
Gus's experiments you may call phooey, but they do bring up a point. If HHO applied to an old poorly maintained diesel ( as pointed out as a possibility by Old Mech) results in a smoke reduction, then something is happening in the combustion process from the addition of HHO in quantities that seem inconsequential. I will be interested to see how his particulate readings turn out once he takes it in for an emissions check. I will not be surprised if there is a reduction.
Big if there. There are so many uncontrolled variables described my head was spinning as I tried to make sense of it. But I'm sure that's just me and my order-craving mind.