View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
I've seen a few groves of old growth in the west...not to be missed. Around here there was originally probably 95% old growth hardwoods...still a very few patches of large trees....not the originals I'm pretty sure.

Natural old growth results in well spaced out large trees...current practices in the west result in closely spaced stick farms?

Here they sometimes clean out the fence rows...pile up the brush and burn it. While in Africa women trudge out into the bush for a few sticks.

I think the issue is...if there isn't big profits in it...it doesn't get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioranger View Post
Well there is plenty of renewable energy here they wont let us use, trees, here in New England there are way too many trees that are unmanaged, at some point the forest fire risk will be unreal, downed trees everywhere, and the ones that are left are way too close together to optimize growth, be pretty easy to burn them also since we already burn most of our garbage here, course trees are sacred but now look a terrible mess along the roadsides and interstates the locust trees grow like crazy and very easy to harvest, course it doesnt fit the agenda of controlling the masses and more taxes to feed the ever larger government . hundred of people could be put to work today pulling just a fraction of these trees down and making power, renewable power.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL