View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
dremd
EV OR DIESEL

FarFarfrumpumpen - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS Premium

Quorra - '12 Tesla Model S P85
Send a message via AIM to dremd
I'm certainly not opposed to a boat tail, and it MAY happen, someday, but right now I'm going to focus on under carridge and wheel covers (rear first).

I've read metrompg's thread about making wheel covers out of plastic snow sleds (magic carpet??) I'm considering making a set out of 20ga and flaring the outer edge to match the inside of the fender so I can screw them in place (hopefully with factory holes).

I have a fairly large metalworking tool shop (2 plasma cutters (large Procut 60 and a 110 unit that is easy to carry but falls in to the hobby category), 2 wire welders (one with inverter and one DC), Crappie Tig welder, Oxy Acetylene, 40" Brake, Slip Roller, Beader (wrong name but used to put beads on sheet metal), 2 presses (50 ton manual and 12 ton pneumatic) 550lb Anvil, Swede block, slotted, cone, along with the accompanying hand + power tools, however I don't have an english wheel ( http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95359) which would be the perfect tool for some nice compound curves, but I can pound some out and see how they work.
Gone 2013 Nissan LEAF SV
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
6 speed ALH TDI Swapped in to a 2003 Jetta Wagon