View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
ever_green
Master EcoModder

gueff - '19 Mercedes Benz A250 4MATIC AMG
90 day: 30.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybobby View Post
Thanks for posting the dyno chart!

i wonder if the WOT sensor wasn't working properly--looks like it was running closed loop up to 3800 rpm?

Also it looks to me that if you wanted to get minimum fuel consumption during acceleration then it seems that you would want to accelerate at WOT up to the second torque peak at 4500 to shift and then keep the revs up between the first torque peak at 2800 and the second peak until you reached your cruising speed (and shifting up into highest gear). That is the lowest fuel consumption region (highest volumetric efficiency) by the BSFC chart and it gets you to your cruise speed the quickest, so you spend less time accelerating and more time at cruise/glide. Or maybe just run it up past the first torque peak to ~3400 to shift? "Nearly WOT" in closed loop, or real WOT in open loop may make a difference also. Anybody have any test data on acceleration techniques?
yes my impreza stays in closed loop until 4000rpm according to my scangauge 2. hmm not sure, if i shift at 4500rpm the mixture is enriched. yes i think the 3400rpm suggestion sounds better. that's what i have been thinking, since the car runs lean at wot it may not be such a bad idea to drive leadfoot. but this doesn't seem to work for city driving...for now im shifting at 2500rpm. but if i was doing pulse and glide on a highway then it seems 3400rpm is best at 90%. after all oversquare engines shouldn't mind a bit of revving.

Last edited by ever_green; 12-25-2012 at 07:02 PM..