View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
ncc74656m
Zerg Lurker

Well, it seems that there may be something to this in terms of possibility and potential! I'm very excited - it seems someone is already importing the Subaru Diesel EE20 engine!!! It's a "thing" on the rotary wing aircraft circuit. I don't know anything about prices yet, but if experience with various JDM engines says anything, I figure it should max out at around $2,000.

Also, talked to my uncle. He said if he goes to junk it and they only want to give him like $100 or something stupid, he'll just give it to me, but he might try one of those charities. If they offer him like $500 or something, he'll take that. I'll see if I can swing getting him the $500 personally, since, for a shell of a car from that era, that's still a bargain.

He's a heavy smoker, so I would need to disassemble that thing, wash the upholstery, maybe even replace the carpet, scrub down the interior, and probably disassemble and wash the HVAC ducts and such, since all that stuff is going to be thoroughly contaminated by smoke, but it'll be well worth that Downy fresh car smell. :P

I can also try rebuilding the existing engine, since I have no idea what was actually done to it, and then take my time importing the Diesel. Anyway, here's some links regarding this:

Boxer Diesel Import - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

Subaru 2.0 liter Boxer Diesel Engine - Page 2 - Rotary Wing Forum

EE20 Engine Info | Subaru Diesel Crew

WANT!!!