View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
rustycrx
EcoModding Lurker

SaltyTeflon - '90 Honda CRX Si
Joined ecomodder today, long time lurker.

Hello.. I joined with dreams of ecomodding my Honda CRX SI. I decided to take on one of the toughest swaps out there, the d15b JDM three stage V-TEC engine swap. I have dabbled with my POS cars most of my life and decided to get a car that is exactly what I want... And one that I can work on without having to cut of every rusty POS part with a grinder or hack saw in 10 degree weather...oh the memories.. I have put that all behind me and now I am going to have to custom wire every POS part in 10 degree weather. At least i won't get salty rust in my eyes. Ok, so here is what I doing any advice, besides telling me that I am out of my mind, would be appreciated. I putting a d15b JDM VTEC in my CRX SI. The VTEC is out of a automatic with all accessories, wiring harness and fuse block. I want to put on a manual so i have a OBD2b to OBD2a harness and a p2j-003 ECU. I am sniffing around for a manual d15b vtec intake (unlikely but does not hurt to wish, I found a ECU in under a week!) If I can't find that I will have to mod the intake and find a IACV. I am also pondering about the cluster, do I need to change it? I am keeping the LSD and case of the ZC cable transmission and swapping out the gears with a HF fifth and final gear and putting in a ZC DOHC everything else (maybe and HX first). Should get good low-end a still have lean burn cruising. Wow that is a wordy intro..