View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
dL_evo
EcoModding Lurker

Details on the car:

I have a 1992 Honda Civic VX Hatchback California Edition for sale. It took me 9 months to find this car in the condition I wanted and now I'm selling it because my commute has unexpectedly changed. I have four vehicles including this one and I no longer need to commute a far distance to work. For those who have are interested in saving gas, but don't want to compromise driving experience this car is for you. It's much more fun to drive than a hybrid and gets the same MPG. One thing nice about a 1992 vs. 1993-1995 California edition is that this car is pre-wired to convert to a Federal model. The only thing you would need to do is source a Federal model ECU. The other years were not pre-wired to convert to a Federal model. By doing this you would instantly gain 5+mpg, I never did it because I wanted to keep the car original.

Reasons that my car differs from other VX hatchbacks I've looked at:

1) The car was not molested by some teen or backyard mechanic.
2) It's completely original down to the factory radio block off plate and no speakers.
3) The body is straight and very clean overall for a car of its age.
4) Paint is still very good.
5) Vehicle has very low mileage for the age.
6) Optioned with very RARE OEM options. Please look at details and pictures below to find out.

Below are some details about the car:

1992 Honda Civic VX Hatchback
Frost White
125,562 Miles (Will continue to go up as I'm still driving the car from time to time)
Clean Title
Clean Carfax (I can provide the report if you email me)
No accidents
Never stolen
Original blue interior
Original VX Aluminum wheels
No Air Conditioning
No Power Windows
No Power Steering
No Power Locks
45MPG Mixed driving
Smogged and pink slip in hand.
Adult driven, adult Maintained, and never raced/modified/abused.

Factory Options: (I have never seen another Civic VX with blue interior with the first three options on one car, it's very rare)

Blue OEM Fabric Top Arm Rest
Blue OEM Civic Floor Mats
Blue Cargo Cover
Digital Clock from 92-95 Civic

Recent Maintenance:
Oil Change
Changed plugs to Factory Honda ZFR4F-11 Spark Plugs
Corrected ignition timing
Replaced Air Filter

Things I've fixed after acquiring the car:

Driver side door lock latch was broken (I sourced a OEM blue lock knob and replaced it)
Driver side mirror was working, but had a small hole in the front of it from a rock. (I found a good unit and replaced it with the same OEM part)
Missing rear emblem on the tailgate. I just bought a OEM emblem from Honda and put it on. The pictures show that it's missing. But, it's been put on.

Bad:
Front bumper has been repainted at some point. I'm not exactly sure why, however I don't think the car has been in any accidents because the radiator support is original and straight.

3 dings on the passenger side of the car. It's very minor, but I thought I should point it out. Please view pictures in the link below to see the dings.

My asking price is $5,500 OBO. I'm flexible on the price, throw me an offer the worst I can say is no . CARFAX report is available on request.

PM me if you're interested. Leave a phone number if you're really interested.

2011 BMW 335D - 34.9mpg mixed putting down 320whp / 510wtq **CMON 35MPG!!!**

2006 EVO IX - 22mpg mixed putting down 400whp / 400wtq