View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #61 (permalink)
Josh8loop
Definately a Modder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra74 View Post
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but but i was thinking about this and i remembered this thread.

Any updates on this issue? Did you actually get to the implementing and testing of the system?

Sorry so long to reply. I haven't done anything more lately on this project. I ran into an issue when the Dewar I purchased was a bit too large for most location I wanted to put it. Also the large 6" opening on the top makes for some difficult container sealing options. I am thinking of going to two smaller dewars used for thermal coffee caraffes. Two of them may get a similar overall volume compared to my previous dewar. The caraffes have smaller top openings so I can turn a cap on a lathe that has a couple O ring seals. Then I could flow straight coolant through it instead of using the parafin. Still trying to figure it all out but it has been on my to do list.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...=306799&page=4