View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
toc
EcoModding Apprentice

Sonata97 - '97 Hyundai Sonata GL
90 day: 25.96 mpg (US)

Pulsar - '03 Nissan Pulsar ST
Team Nissan
90 day: 36.09 mpg (US)

Lancer - '04 Mitsubishi Lancer
90 day: 31.11 mpg (US)

Lancer 2.0 - '09 Mitsubishi Lancer
90 day: 27.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Have the radiator checked for partial blockages. I would think a 2004 model would still be good but radiators will transfer less heat when they get older, just like cholestrol in humans restricts blood flow. Also make sure the cooling system is "bled" properly if you have done anything that could cause an air pocket, which can also cause the problem you describe.

regards
Mech
Quote:
Have the radiator checked for partial blockages. I would think a 2004 model would still be good but radiators will transfer less heat when they get older, just like cholestrol in humans restricts blood flow.
We'd flushed the radiator before hand yesterday.

The sensor right now is reading 0.98kOhm, which according to the factory manual is about 40oC - it's been off all night, so I don't think that's right (or the manual is wrong).
I'll swap out the sensor, and get a higher flowing thermostat and see if that fixes the issue.

EDIT: The manual was wrong (it refers to two sensors in the same year - the sensor appears correct based on the right values).

As for air in the system, I can't see any bleeder screw to release air, and I did run the system in with the cap off through to operating temp and then some, and then filled until it dropped no more.
I don't think there is air in the system but I'd like to find a way to be sure

Last edited by toc; 12-28-2012 at 05:11 PM..