View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #496 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Wow. Finally got through the entire thread. Several I'd like to quote/respond to, but I'll just limit my thoughts. Kudos to bondo and everyone who's out there on Ecomodder sharing info and pushing the FE envelope. **My wife still cringes every time I strap something else to my truck in my continuing efforts to squeeze out more MPG.

@bondo (if you check in), for visibility, maybe a split window of 2 or 3 would work better than a wide single. It would allow the strengthening bands to remain between the window panes... And maybe some side panels, as mentioned pages ago, that hinge at the top to allow access into the bed... Greatly appreciate the ability to expand the topper at the back. I was also going to suggest the flashing red LED sign with current MPG.
Better yet, a payback schedule might help in the marketing department. That was my line of thought as I started hatching my small biz idea. Most mods that people make to their trucks are not those that pay them back...

edit: added an MS Excel sheet I put together. One tab compares MPH vs MPG so you can see fuel flows (good for me while I sort out my VSS issues) and the other shows costs vs MPG and range. Can use to compute payback miles...

edit 2: Peragon makes an aluminum tonneau cover: http://www.peragon.com/ Might be worth asking if they could do an aluminum aero-cap.
Attached Files
File Type: xls FE_testing.xls (61.5 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by ECONORAM; 12-30-2012 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: added MS Excel sheet