View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioranger View Post
wait till they start charging every body for miles driven , besides the gas tax, GPS in every car, course it's already tracking your phone if they need to . eventually shoe tax, at what point do we change management.
When I heard about the current President wanting GPS transponders so that we could be taxed per mile I thought "We are already being taxed! We buy gas!"

I would really rather they increased the gas [or tire] tax instead of complicating life further and the only time that I speed is down a hill. Something else that would actually reduce my mileage?

Then there is my sister. I visualize her purchasing some shiny new car, taking it on the highway, and having "$130 fine for driving 75 in a 65" spoken by her car and appearing on a display. In theory, tickets could continue (and increase) as the driver continues speeding.

At the same time, how much does the Highway Patrol cost?

At any rate, we are getting closer: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.aWM

If they taxed our mileage, they would need deductions. Let's say that you drive a Prius all over the country teaching kids to avoid predators. Why should you be taxed the same as someone that drives a huge SUV when a Jetta TDI would suit all of their needs?

Or an electric, old Civic... trying to include everybody.