View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
AaronMartinSole
Your car looks ridiculous

The Fantastic Festiva - '90 Ford Festiva L
90 day: 43.16 mpg (US)

A Civic Duty - '96 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.9 mpg (US)

Ranger Danger - '96 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 17.42 mpg (US)
Yeah I mean that's what we need with all of these new technologies and claims: pure and simple testing. Nothing complicated. I would just do dry and wet compression tests before and after using XADO and do another one a week later, a month later, and so on. A lot of the claims with these weird products are extraordinary and strange, but I will not dismiss them as crazy or accept them without testing.

A part of me thinks that it's just a brilliant marketing play, that it's not much better or different than the many other similar products you see at the auto parts store. The other part of me says maybe it is a revolutionary technology, and that we'll be seeing a million mile original engines.

I wonder what the other guys with similar products would say about these new nano-technology additives. Wish there were some really good independent testing, but even those can be manipulated. I'll believe when I see a guy with a million mile engine with an inspection.

I was -this- close to buying it and trying it, doing compression testing and things like that. The Restore cans guarantee increased compression or your money back. So I figured why not try the cheap stuff and test that. I am intrigued though.

Last edited by AaronMartinSole; 01-04-2013 at 03:00 AM..