View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #59 (permalink)
Jyden
Master EcoModder

Enduro E-bike - '11 PowerPedals Enduro
90 day: 2236 mpg (US)

Jota - '14 Toyota Yaris Hybrid H1
90 day: 53.11 mpg (US)
Update.....
Hi everybody - time for an update.

A lot has happend during the past years. Fist I got a new job with a company car, so we didn't use the Yaris much.

Next I got fired and was out of job for some time, where we used the car as litte as possible.

Now I'm back in a new job, near by, so I hope to some more biking, and for that I bougt an E-bike.

As for the Yaris - we mostly use it for trips round town and shorter local trips, which means a lot of cold starts, and thus a rather bad FE.

As for the areomods:
- Rearwheel squirts blew of when driving at the highway in a strom where we passed a big lorry..... Gone forever.
- Sealing og gaps needs to be renewed cause wheater made the tape go to pieces
- The hubcaps got damaged, and I had to get some new ones, which are not as good in areo.....

When the wheater get warmer again, I'll start to remod the car again, but this time I'll will do it with better materials, and make the changes using better methods og attaching them (less glue and tape - more srews and bolts).

For the time beeing with winter temps and winter tires, combined with short trips, We'll have to live with some pretty poor results.