View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
kinscore
EcoModding Lurker

Scheppe - '07 Toyota Yaris

Schleppe - '92 Toyota Hilux Base 2WD
90 day: 22.46 mpg (US)
Some good mods there, JR. I've been thinking about an aero topper but lately leaning toward a cab extension wing and partial tonneau cover instead. The one I tend to worry about (though one that I was considering on my Yaris and now my Hilux) is grille block, but so far I haven't seen reports of engine problems resulting so maybe I'll try it after I add some instrumentation.

So mine was made in Japan—it is a JT VIN. That might mean slightly different construction—it did for my 1988 Corolla that was made in Canada.
I would have bought newer if the basic small trucks were still available. I even considered buying older but decided it wasn't worth it for me. Mine's in pretty good condition and should be fairly reliable but safety updates would be nice.
I might have bought a mini truck like a Subaru Sambar if they were still available street legal here (they're imported unofficially and specific laws make them legal for limited street use, but not where I live).
Ah yes, the VW Taro. It would be especially confusing if I swapped the front badge but left TOYOTA on the tailgate.