View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
HypermilerAX
EcoModding Apprentice

AX - '95 Citröen AX

307 - '04 Peugeot 307 SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
Hi,

What are those numbers in left side on your tire comparison chart?

Nokian]Nokian eLine eLine

There is new interesting tyre model coming from Finland for summer 2013 . I will propably try those if the size is 155/65R14. My current 145/80R14 B381 ecopias have been best so far in my lupo.

edit there are also other A mark fuel efficiency tires coming from other marks as well.
Hi,
It's the theoretical fuel consumption.
Quote:
y : FE in l/100 km

The FE shown is the theoretical FE at 56 mph with as only mod longer 5th gear (estimated gain of 10%). It takes into account the changes in rolling resistance, Cd (width dependent), frontal area (width and diameter dependent) and RPM.
Yep, I'm following this new tire among others. But so far, only 15" have the A mark.
Kumho will be releasing the ES01. Only 2 sizes (15 and 16") have the best mark, the others are either B or C. It's interesting to see how size affects rolling resistance, assuming the only difference between them is the size.

Summer - Kumho Tire Europe GmbH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Do you have more fuel fillups ? I'd be interested to see how winter is affecting you.

need to update mine too...
Yes, I have updated my page. I don't have that much, I used to do only partial fillups to save weight but the the gain is minimal (average 10 kg less). I'll probably always fill completely to have more data. Latest consumption is 3,06 by driving around 90 km/h. Winter doesn't affect me as much as others (mild temps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Is there a gasket on the hood gap? If not, adding one could help lower the drag a bit more.
Not very recognizable on the pic but, yes, there is a piece of rubber between hood and lights (more to protect the lights than to lower the drag). But I have to do something at the gap between lights and bumper.

Last edited by HypermilerAX; 01-08-2013 at 12:27 AM..