View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Nuclear Power ...

Now unfortunately we are still not at a time where we can go to Walmart and purchase plutonium, but has anyone even heard of any strides to make nuclear powered cars?

I know it sounds scary, but the military has been using nuclear power for over 50 years without incident. And if you scale down the demand from an aircraft carrier to a 2000 lb car it is easy to see that it would take very little to power a vehicle endlessly. Plus I am sure we would not have to use weapons grade Uranium to make this happen.

I know it can be engineered so we don't carry mini dirty nuclear bombs in our trunks or fear it in case of accident. Or is the threat of someone buying up used nuclear powered cars in order to create a bomb to great?

I mean terrorist attack aside, lol, there is a power source than can power anything for a life span longer than the mechanical imits of the device. And if designed universally, as you buy a new car you simply take your power supply with you and plop it in the next vehicle.

I know to forward thinking and innocent considering the state of the world we live in, ahh but to dream I guess...

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???